It all started at 10:15 with Kiran Ramakumar running around the Upper School, shouting "Open the letters!"
Upper School Student Council and faculty members had infiltrated every Exploration Course with Muggles and a letter containing a Hogwarts crest and instructions for all Upper School students to go to the theater.
After watching a short film, all students were sorted into one of the four “houses”, given their crested t-shirt, and spent the rest of the day in the following activities:
- Potions class with Dr. Kelley
- Charms with Dr. Gallo and Mr. Nielsen
- Wand-Smithing with Mrs. Encila
- Marauder's Map Treasure Hunt with Mr. Young
- Butter beer making with Mr. Carlson
- Recreating a Harry Potter movie scene with Ms. Bodden's
- Headmaster's Portraits (tile painting) with Dr. Adams
- Harry Potter Makeover with Mr. Schindel
After completing the wizardly coursework, everyone headed to the gym, where they presented the makeovers, reenacted movie scenes, hosted a quiz bowl and a held Harry Potter trivia contest.
The traditional Tug-o’-War and Color Toss were other festive highlights!
Congratulations to our Upper School Student Council! You have pulled off a successful and extremely fun Gregory Day! We’ll be talking about it for years to come!!