Dear Members of the TGS Family-
Thanksgiving week is a perfect opportunity to reflect upon our many blessings and express gratitude for those who make our world a better place. The Board of Trustees and I want to extend our heartfelt gratitude for the following:
- A multi-talented group of faculty and staff who work tirelessly to serve our students and school community
- Students who bring us daily joy with their boundless energy, intellectual curiosity, creativity and kindness
- Families who volunteer countless hours for the betterment of the school’s mission and who invest generously to ensure we can continue to support the academic programs of the school
- Alumni and alumni parents who have blazed a trail of excellence, rich traditions and a stellar reputation for the school throughout the Tucson community and beyond
- Community members who have invested their time, talent and treasures to secure a positive future for The Gregory School
I would also like to take a moment to specifically thank those who have given to our annual fund campaign. As of today, 100% of our Board of Trustee members have contributed, as have 62% of our faculty and staff, while only 23% of our families have contributed. We are 25% towards our goal of $185,000. The annual fund helps us to meet our annual budget and cover expenses not fully addressed through tuition alone (including much of our athletic programs, building and maintenance, and more). We know life can be hectic and the best of intentions are often disrupted by daily tasks. As the end of this tax year approaches, thank you for considering TGS in your giving, no matter the amount, so we can continue to offer the extraordinary opportunities currently available to our students.
Another avenue for giving is through the Arizona tax credit program. On Giving Tuesday, November 27th, our school tuition organization partner, Arizona Tuition Connection, will be matching any tax credits donations made on that day. If you’ve not yet given your tax credit donation for the year, this is a great way to double your impact. I’m including details in an image below this message.
Thank you for considering being “2 for 2”! The annual fund and the tax credit program help us deliver the highest quality education to our students.
May each of you have a Thanksgiving break filled with joyful connections with family and friends---and some tasty treats, as well!
With continued gratitude,
Julie A. Sherrill, Ph.D.
Head of School
The Gregory School is a place that is transforming learning and transforming students' lives. Gregory students lead institutions, they found movements, they invent technology, they run cities. Students leave TGS with a sense of agency; they believe they can change the world for the better and it is our aim to ensure we give them the knowledge, skills, experiences and confidence to do so.Dr. Julie Sherrill